[Slackbuilds-users] ttf-sil-gentium

Kyle Guinn elyk03 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:18:58 EDT 2008

I remember we've had problems with that download link before -- the
script has been modified a few times to compensate for it.  Rather
than providing a direct link to the file, the SIL website links to a
script named render_download.php.  The script takes an argument
representing the file to retrieve.  Here is the correct link:
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/render_download.php?site_id=nrsi&format=file&media_id=Gentium_102_L_tar&filename=%2Fttf-sil-gentium_1.0.2.tar.gz

There is no problem when saving this link with some browsers, but wget
does not approve.  The link must be quoted, and even then wget will
save it with the filename
"render_download.php?site_id\=nrsi&format\=file&media_id\=Gentium_102_L_tar&filename\=ttf-sil-gentium_1.0.2.tar.gz".
  This is not useful for those who install packages from SBo using a
script.

I propose that we save the file ttf-sil-gentium_1.0.2.tar.gz on SBo
similar to how we save some CVS snapshots.  Would this be a problem?

-Kyle