[Slackbuilds-users] ATTN Maintainers: Perl stuff

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Mar 19 00:52:31 EDT 2008

Steve wrote:
> On Monday 17 March 2008 01:41:27 pm Robby Workman wrote:
>> For those of you who are listed as MAINTAINERS for scripts building
>> perl stuff, you should probably go ahead and be looking into making
>> them work with the new vender_perl changes in -current.
>>
>> Don't submit new builds to us just yet - we'll let you know when
>> we're ready - but it's probably best to go ahead and be looking into
>> what's needed.
>>

> Is there an accepted means of notifying responsible parties as to whether a
> script for 12.0 fails to build without error in -current?  I suspect a note
> with a fix to the maintainer would be helpful, but to do so too soon and
> uninvited could turn a well intentioned act into an annoyance.

It's probably about the right time to start looking into that, so...
sure, feel free.  If you do, please advise them that we're not ready
for the -current (12.1) submissions, but that now is a good time to
be testing and/or updating them.

That being said, I've handled glibmm, cairomm, and gtkmm here (as I
needed them for something else), and also synaptics.  There are a few
things we'll need to remove from the repo (fuse, ntfs-3g, pygtk, and
so on), and there's the perl changes to consider.  Other than those
things, all of the stuff in the 12.0 repo should transition over to
12.1 with very little difficulty.

-RW