[Slackbuilds-users] for testing - 'sbopkg' tool

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Mon Mar 24 12:14:08 EDT 2008

Alan Hicks wrote:
> Chess Griffin wrote:
>> Bob -- yes, good point.  Since this script displays the files in your
>> local mirror, any manual changes you have made would be there, but as
>> far as editing the files from within sbopkg, that's not there yet,
>> although it's a great idea.  I like Robby's idea of using $EDITOR to
>> edit the SlackBuild from within sbopkg and that should be easy to do.
>>
>> I'll add it to the TODO.
>
> The hard part would be integrating properly with rsync.  You don't want
> your next rsync fetch using sbopkg to over-write your local copy changes.

Yes, my thoughts exactly.  One idea would be have the sbopkg
automatically cp the Slackbuild so it's app.SlackBuild.local or
something like that and that's the file that is edited.  Right now,
sbopkg uses the -avz options with rsync so local changes will get
clobbered.  Not ideal.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key:  0x0C7558C3