[Slackbuilds-users] Skype 2.0.0.63

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Thu Mar 27 23:50:37 EDT 2008

Gary Maxwell wrote:
> The newest version of Skype fails to build with current slackbuild
> script. It cancels out when it starts to process image
> directories--states that they are non-existing.

skype.info:
PRGNAM="skype"
VERSION="1.4.0.118"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.skype.com"
DOWNLOAD="http://download.skype.com/linux/skype_static-1.4.0.118.tar.bz2"
MD5SUM="95d44d423ec7566b48af47007c7a02c6"
MAINTAINER="Martin Lefebvre"
EMAIL="dadexter at gmail.com"
APPROVED="Erik Hanson"

Note that it's version 1.4.0.118.
That's what we tested with, and we make no guarantees at all that it
will work with newer versions, *especially* not major version number
increments.

Basically, you have two options:
1. Figure out what needs to change inside the script so that the
    newer release will build and work properly
2. Mail the maintainer listed in the .info file above and hope that
    they'll take care of it.

-RW