[Slackbuilds-users] A script for automated downloads, builds and installs of Slackbuilds

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Thu May 8 14:41:36 UTC 2008

Antoine NONYME wrote:
> Hello Slackbuilds users :
> I have made a script that downloads, builds and installs automagically
> SlackBuilds .
> It would be nice that the script would be downloadable on the slackbuild
> site/included on extra/ slackware repositories .

There are no plans to to host anything like this on our site, as
there can be an endless number of similar tools, and we simply don't
have time to test all of them to ensure that they're not doing
something ugly.  Another concern is that while we might prefer one
of them over another, we'd need pretty compelling reasons to put
one on our site and/or officially recommend it, as that opens up
a whole new can of worms.

-RW