[Slackbuilds-users] problem with faac.SlackBuild

Mauro Giachero mauro.giachero at gmail.com
Sun May 11 14:46:41 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 1:16 PM, <xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 11 May 2008 04:31:17 Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> >  The only sane solution I could find, was running configure
> > with "--without-mp4v2". If the external libmp4v2 (from SBo) is
> available, it
> > will build against it, if not, build of the own libmp4v2 is disabled.
> >

> I think the sane solution here would be to remove the package
> before compiling a new one.
>
> David Somero

This is sane as long as the script refuses to run when there's a previous
faac version installed, or at least the README clearly states that it's a
required procedure.
AFAIK people is not supposed to remove old packages before building newer
ones, and the script as-is causes unexpected breackage on users' systems.
Mauro Giachero