[Slackbuilds-users] problem with faac.SlackBuild

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Sun May 11 17:08:23 UTC 2008

On May 11, 2008, at  7:16 AM, xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org wrote:

> On Sunday 11 May 2008 04:31:17 Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> >  The only sane solution I could find, was running configure
> > with "--without-mp4v2". If the external libmp4v2 (from SBo) is available, it
> > will build against it, if not, build of the own libmp4v2 is disabled.
> >

> I think the sane solution here would be to remove the package
> before compiling a new one.

I would change the script to use --without-mp4v2 and note in the README
the optional dependency of libmp4v2, available at SBo. I've tested this
and it works. This seems like the most sane thing to do. If you patch it
to force building the internal libmp4v2, it will conflict with a pre-
existing external.

--
Erik Hanson
http://slackbuilds.org/