[Slackbuilds-users] specifying slackware version in the slackBuilds

pkw listreader at lupulin.net
Mon May 12 20:49:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 03:36:39PM -0400, xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org wrote:
> On Monday 12 May 2008 15:08:01 Robby Workman wrote:
> > If you have a package lying around and it's not clear what version
> > it was compiled for, then you need a better system of organization.
> >

> Now we are getting down to the crux of the problem, no matter what we
> did someone would say you should have done it this way or that way.
> Since SlackBuilds.org tries to follow Slackware style be it written or
> unwritten that means following Slackware's package naming style also.
> The _SBo tag is needed to distinguish our builds from official ones.
> But I mean come on guys is it really that hard for the end user to
> change the tag to TAG=${TAG:-_SBo12.1} or whatever if you need this
> "feature". Heck you can even do it at build time via:
> TAG="_SBo12.1" ./*.SlackBuild

Uhm ok, that's fine.  Don't get upset.

I didn't make the original request, but I piped in and offered to
do the work, so for my part I'm just making it clear I'm not trying
to make anyone's life harder.  I was completely satisfied with the
1st response that it wouldn't get done.  I only offered to do the
work because Rob kinda put it out there that it was a way to get
it done.[0]

In closing, slackbuilds.org is awesome.

--
paul

[0] I still think it's a good idea.  Meaning; I didn't offer to to
    do the work for altruistic reasons, but because I wanted the
    feature, which I thought was the point of Rob's message.