[Slackbuilds-users] specifying slackware version in the slackBuilds

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon May 12 21:19:04 UTC 2008

pkw wrote:

> I didn't make the original request, but I piped in and offered to
> do the work, so for my part I'm just making it clear I'm not trying
> to make anyone's life harder.  I was completely satisfied with the
> 1st response that it wouldn't get done.  I only offered to do the
> work because Rob kinda put it out there that it was a way to get
> it done.[0]
>
> In closing, slackbuilds.org is awesome.

:)

> [0] I still think it's a good idea.  Meaning; I didn't offer to to
>     do the work for altruistic reasons, but because I wanted the
>     feature, which I thought was the point of Rob's message.

It was, but after more consideration and discussion with other admins,
we just don't see it as a truly useful addition, and there's actually
some opposition to it, so it's not going to happen.  It does create
a "slippery slope" toward adding/doing things that don't serve any
reasonable purpose, and we'd rather not take a plunge down that hill.
Sorry for the (unintentional) misleading message earlier.

-RW