[Slackbuilds-users] lapack, blas, etc.

Serban Udrea serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Nov 19 17:26:56 UTC 2008

Vincent Batts wrote:
>> 2) The Motif library is provided by the repository but lesstif comes by
>> default with slackware. Is there no conflict? Should I first uninstall
>> lesstif? If not, how can I make sure an application is compiled against
>> motif and not lesstif?
>>

> if you are refering to SlackBuilds/12.1/libraries/openmotif
> it does not provide lesstif, so there should not be any conflicts unless
> you are finding something different.

Hello!

And thank you for the answer!

Indeed, I refer to SlackBuilds/12.1/libraries/openmotif. The problem is
that the two of them provide similar things, since lesstif is an
implementation of the motif api(*). I suspect that some (many) files
have the same names and locations since, as I can understand from the
SlackBuild file, openmotif gets installed under /usr like lesstif. Thus
problems may arise.

Best regards,

Serban

(*) From lesstifs' description: "It (i.e. lesstif) aims to be source
compatible with OSF/Motif(R) meaning that the same source code should
compile with both and work exactly the same."