[Slackbuilds-users] lapack, blas, etc.

Vincent Batts vbatts at hashbangbash.com
Wed Nov 19 17:55:12 UTC 2008

> Vincent Batts wrote:
>>> 2) The Motif library is provided by the repository but lesstif comes by
>>> default with slackware. Is there no conflict? Should I first uninstall
>>> lesstif? If not, how can I make sure an application is compiled against
>>> motif and not lesstif?
>>>

>> if you are refering to SlackBuilds/12.1/libraries/openmotif
>> it does not provide lesstif, so there should not be any conflicts unless
>> you are finding something different.
>
> Hello!
>
> And thank you for the answer!
>
> Indeed, I refer to SlackBuilds/12.1/libraries/openmotif. The problem is
> that the two of them provide similar things, since lesstif is an
> implementation of the motif api(*). I suspect that some (many) files
> have the same names and locations since, as I can understand from the
> SlackBuild file, openmotif gets installed under /usr like lesstif. Thus
> problems may arise.

after doing a diff on the files, it does appear that both packages provide
the following files:
 usr/
 usr/bin/
 usr/bin/mwm
 usr/bin/uil
 usr/bin/xmbind
 usr/doc/
 usr/include/
 usr/include/Xm/
 usr/include/Xm/BulletinB.h
 usr/include/Xm/BulletinBP.h
 usr/include/Xm/ContainerP.h
 usr/include/Xm/ContainerT.h
 usr/include/Xm/DragDrop.h
 usr/include/Xm/DragIcon.h
 usr/include/Xm/GadgetP.h
 usr/include/Xm/LabelG.h
 usr/include/Xm/LabelP.h
 usr/include/Xm/NavigatorT.h
 usr/include/Xm/NotebookP.h
 usr/include/Xm/Protocols.h
 usr/include/Xm/RowColumnP.h
 usr/include/Xm/SashP.h
 usr/include/Xm/Scale.h
 usr/include/Xm/TearOffP.h
 usr/include/Xm/ToggleB.h
 usr/include/Xm/ToggleBG.h
 usr/include/Xm/ToggleBP.h
 usr/include/Xm/TraitP.h
 usr/include/Xm/TxtPropCv.h
 usr/include/Xm/VaSimpleP.h
 usr/include/Xm/VirtKeys.h
 usr/include/uil/
 usr/include/uil/Uil.h
 usr/include/uil/UilDBDef.h
 usr/include/uil/UilSymDef.h
 usr/include/uil/XmAppl.uil

while it will not remove these files if you remove openmotif and have
lesstif still installed, when you initially install openmotif it will over
write these files.

i'm not sure of the best way to pursue cleaning this up. :|
any suggestions ?

vb

> Best regards,
>
> Serban
>
> (*) From lesstifs' description: "It (i.e. lesstif) aims to be source
> compatible with OSF/Motif(R) meaning that the same source code should
> compile with both and work exactly the same."

vb

http://hashbangbash.com/