[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.13.1 released

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Tue Oct 28 14:06:56 UTC 2008

A new version 0.13.1 of sbopkg has been released.  This is a bug-fix
release that addresses two concerns:

* A fix for OpenOffice.org not being picked up correctly on the
updatelist feature.  Thanks to Erik Hanson for the bug report.
* A fix for a couple issues that appeared with the changes to the
rsync and wget flags in version 0.13.0.  Thanks to Ken Roberts and
Jorge Gaton for the bug reports.  To remedy this problem, I have
removed TIMEOUT from sbopkg.conf and instead added two optional
variables, RSYNCFLAGS and WGETFLAGS.  These options have been
populated with some of the flags that were previously in the sbopkg
script itself.  This means that folks can manually tweak the flags
used by rsync and wget, although in most cases the defaults should be
left alone.  This also means that for those who are upgrading sbopkg
from a previous version will again need to manually update their
sbopkg.conf from the sbopkg.conf.new that is installed and merge the
changes.  Sorry about these changes to the configuration file, but
hopefully they are for the better since these changes fix the problems
mentioned previously and also give the users a bit more control over
the flags used, if desired.

Please check out the included ChangeLog for more details.

As always, please report any bugs to me via email, the sbopkg mailing
list, or, preferably, using the Issue tracker on the project's
website.  I can also be found in #sbopkg, #slackbuilds, and
##slackware on freenode.

A noarch package and source tarball for version 0.13.1 can be found at
the sbopkg project website:

http://code.google.com/p/sbopkg

Thanks!

--