[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg feature suggestion

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 14:59:45 UTC 2008

One thing I usually do after downloading a new version of a SlackBuild is diff it against the previous version.  This makes me more informed about what specific changes there are and if they affect me.  This is particularly important for me when I have modified a SlackBuild.  Will my custom changes still work with this new version or not?  It also makes it easier to catch the occasionally mistake left in the build script (such as a commented chown line)

So, my suggestion is that you allow an option to have a diff created (and viewed) before replacing the old SlackBuild.  Most people probably only would want to see a diff of the actual .SlackBuild file.  These diffs could be optionally stored or deleted after viewing them.

--phil