[Slackbuilds-users] bug in irqbalance

Patrick J. Volkerding volkerdi at slackware.com
Mon Sep 1 04:21:05 UTC 2008

Grissiom wrote:
> Hmm, so many replies when I am sleeping ;) Thanks for caring this issue.

No problem.  :-)

> Yes, just as Scott
> said, there is no "make install" in the tiny official(upstream) Makefile. So
> Slackbuild install it manually. The Makefile only builds the binary.

In those cases, looking for an ad-hoc standard is preferable to deciding
  where to place it based on the FHS.  So, if everyone else is putting
it in /usr/bin/, we would probably be wise to do so as well.  It might
be a good idea to look at some other distributions packages to see if
there's an agreement on this point.

All the best,

Pat