[Slackbuilds-users] The plot thickens: A couple of 13.0 questions

Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk
Fri Aug 28 08:35:29 UTC 2009

So, a new day, a new Slackware version. Have looked at the RCs -
interesting changes. Let's see what we can make out of this one!
Competition is strong - the 12.2 was a very good release, in my opinion.
Done torrenting down, now pushing. I will be preparing some updated
versions of my Slackbuilds for the submission queue - I put off the
version bumps until after the new release. Now, a couple of questions:
After a cleanup of the Gnome dependencies, the development version of
Abiword now builds on Slackware - with one exception: It requires libgsf
to be rebuilt to include gio.
Will such a rebuilding package be acceptable for Slackbuilds? Of course,
it doubles a package which is already in Slackware, and all that is
necessary is a minor revision in the official libgsf Slackbuild.
Second, my Thinkpad doesn't work very well with encrypted networks using
the Ath5k driver, and so I have relied on Madwifi so far. I see from the
previous Slackbuilds-users email that Madwifi won't build on 13.0. Any
thoughts on why this is so? I may have to go the PCMCIA route without
Madwifi (which is, incidently, the only non-free software I need and use).
Again, thank you for the effort put into Slackbuilds - it is an extremely
strong community contribution. Praise Bob, keep slacking!

Yours,
Morten
__
http://www.syntaktisk.dk