[Slackbuilds-users] Package Build Issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 1 22:23:20 UTC 2009

    I'm trying to apply the SlackBuild script for tinyerp-client, but it tells
me that wxGTK is not present. It was, until I deleted it and just tried to
re-install it. This is all on my newly refurbished -12.2 server/workstation.
Unfortunately, it reminds me of the dependency hell I went through with
early versions of Red Hat that prompted me to switch to Slackware.

    So, let me start from the begining so you folks can tell me what I've
missed.

    When I grep for gtk in /var/log/packages these are returned:

gtk+-1.2.10-i486-4
gtk+2-2.12.12-i486-1
gtk-doc-1.7-noarch-3dl
gtkspell-2.0.14-i486-1
libgtkhtml-2.11.1-i486-1
pygtk-2.12.1-i486-2

    But, when I try to build wxGTK-2.8.9 with the SBo SlackBuild script I see
this:

checking for GTK+ version...
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly
installed.
configure: error:
The development files for GTK+ were not found. For GTK+ 2, please
ensure that pkg-config is in the path and that gtk+-2.0.pc is
installed. For GTK+ 1.2 please check that gtk-config is in the path,
and that the version is 1.2.3 or above. Also check that the
libraries returned by 'pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs' or 'gtk-config
--libs' are in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or equivalent.

    So, /uar/bin/pkg-config is in root's path.

    gtk+-2.0.pc is located in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/.

    'pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs' shows: [rshepard at salmo ~]$ pkg-config
gtk+-2.0 --libs
-lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0
-lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0

    What have I missed?

TIA,

Rich