[Slackbuilds-users] Package Build Issues

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Sun Feb 1 22:34:30 UTC 2009

* Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> [2009-02-01 14:23:20]:

>    I'm trying to apply the SlackBuild script for tinyerp-client, but it tells
> me that wxGTK is not present. It was, until I deleted it and just tried to
> re-install it. This is all on my newly refurbished -12.2 server/workstation.
> Unfortunately, it reminds me of the dependency hell I went through with
> early versions of Red Hat that prompted me to switch to Slackware.
>
>    So, let me start from the begining so you folks can tell me what I've
> missed.
>
>    When I grep for gtk in /var/log/packages these are returned:
>
> gtk+-1.2.10-i486-4
> gtk+2-2.12.12-i486-1
> gtk-doc-1.7-noarch-3dl
> gtkspell-2.0.14-i486-1
> libgtkhtml-2.11.1-i486-1
> pygtk-2.12.1-i486-2
>
>    But, when I try to build wxGTK-2.8.9 with the SBo SlackBuild script I see
> this:
>
> checking for GTK+ version...
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
> *** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
> the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly
> installed.
> configure: error:
> The development files for GTK+ were not found. For GTK+ 2, please
> ensure that pkg-config is in the path and that gtk+-2.0.pc is
> installed. For GTK+ 1.2 please check that gtk-config is in the path,
> and that the version is 1.2.3 or above. Also check that the
> libraries returned by 'pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs' or 'gtk-config
> --libs' are in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or equivalent.
>
>    So, /uar/bin/pkg-config is in root's path.
>
>    gtk+-2.0.pc is located in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/.
>
>    'pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs' shows: [rshepard at salmo ~]$ pkg-config
> gtk+-2.0 --libs
> -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0
> -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0
>
>    What have I missed?

I can confirm that the wxGTK SlackBuild works fine on a full install of
Slackware 12.2 -- I just did it today.  :-)

Is this a full clean install of Slackware 12.2?  If not, what is not
installed?  And if it's an upgrade, what did you upgrade from?

I think we need more information about the box.

--
Chess Griffin