[Slackbuilds-users] Package Build Issues

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Mon Feb 2 03:37:21 UTC 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 17:17:21 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Robby Workman wrote:
>
> > Based on the prior troubles you've had, I've noticed a common
> > thread: all of them involved restoring stuff from a backup tape.
> > This is going to come across a bit "asshole-ish," and I'll go ahead
> > and apologize in advance for that, but...  I think you need to
> > reconsider the way you're doing things, as it's obviously not ideal.
>
> Robby,
>
>    I apologize if my response came across as harsh. I did not mean to
> be abrupt.
>
>    I've basicly spend the past two weeks trying to determine what
> broke in the -12.1 to -12.2 upgrade on my main machine. Even with the
> help of an experienced SysAdmin who's been running Slackware for
> years we could not figure out just what happened. During this time I
> got no business done, and for a self-employed consultant that's very
> expensive.

I didn't take any offense to anything you said, but even if I had,
there's no need to apologize to me - you're understandably under some
stress because of all this, and so long as a person doesn't delve into
personal attacks, I'll not get offended and/or hold grudges.

The biggest concern I have is trying to get you to see that your backup
and restore practice is a big part of the problem, and I just don't see
a good way to do that without *me* being, or at least coming across as,
harsh.

-RW