[Slackbuilds-users] Emacs Snapshot Demand?

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Tue Feb 24 23:25:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

   On Monday 23 February 2009 10:54:25 Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj at email.unc.edu> wrote:

   > 2. Is this the kind of package that is appropriate for SlackBuilds.org?
   > It is a development version of an official package.

   Slackbuilds.org normally will not accept SlackBuilds for official packages.

   Quote from http://www.slackbuilds.org/guidelines

     "As a general rule, we do not accept SlackBuild scripts of software that is
      included as part of Slackware; however, exceptions may be made by the admin
      staff on a case-by-case basis.

Fair enough but how do you fix bugs (if any) on official packages
? Or even simpler, how do you send patch to bump package version
? Reading through Slackware ChangeLog reveals it can happen
sometimes. I thought SBo was sort of "Slackware Labs".

Regards,
	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org