[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.20.0 Released

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Mon Jan 5 20:52:17 UTC 2009

* Wade S Grant <wade.grant at sqdnguns.com> [2009-01-05 11:33:15]:

> Hi Chess,
>
> Just found another possible bug or problem with a package.
>
> When running the Updates option, I get the following:
>
> sakura:
>     POTENTIAL UPDATE
>     Installed version: sakura-2.3.2-i486-1
>     Repo version: sakura-2.3.2-i486-1 1

This is strange.  It appears there is a directory called "ODNE" in the
sakura directory which contains a copy of all the same sbo-related
files.  You can see it here:

ftp://ftp.slackbuilds.org/12.2/system/sakura/

I don't think that's supposed to be there and that is what is causing
this problem -- sbopkg is finding two .info files.  One of the SBo
admins may need to check this out and remove the extra directory if
it's not needed.

> Also an FYI, anytime I try to build a pkg that has the source on
> berlios.de, they time out and I have to fetch the source elsewhere.

Hmm... I just build and installed gpodder, which uses berlios.de, and
it downloaded the source, built, and installed just fine.  This was on
a stock sbopkg 0.20.0.  Do you have some specific examples that I can
try?

Thanks for the reports.

--
Chess Griffin