[Slackbuilds-users] fontforge.SlackBuild writes outside of $PKG

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Sun Jan 18 08:58:53 UTC 2009

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:40:47 +0100
Thomas Morper <thomditom at aktiivi.ath.cx> wrote:

> I just noticed that the fontforge manpages get installed in /usr/man
> instead of $PKG/usr/man when running the SlackBuild script.

Eeek.

> Besides "prefix" and "libdir" one could add a "mandir" to the "make
> install" call to fix this. But wouldn't it be more wise to just use
> the common "make install DESTDIR=$PKG" or will this break something
> else?

The best guess at this point is:  fontforge didn't always have
manpages, nor has the DESTDIR support always been there - that's the
only good reason I can come up with -- assuming that's the case, I just
haven't noticed the changes upstream, so I haven't fixed up the build
script.  Of course, maybe I'm just suffering from HUA syndrome - that's
always possible too ;-)

Anyway, I'll look into this and try to get a fix in asap; at a glance,
it looks like the --mandir usage plus DESTDIR target at make install
should handle it.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Thomas.

-RW