[Slackbuilds-users] Patch for postgresql 8.4.0

Adis Nezirovic adis at linux.org.ba
Thu Jul 23 10:36:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:59:25AM +0300, Vlad Dinulescu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The slackbuild script for postgresql 8.3.7 does not work for postgresql
> 8.4.0. Apparently they moved the doc directory from /usr/doc to
> /usr/share/doc.

Thanks for the patch, I'll submit new slackbuild as soon as the
submission form opens. (After 13.0 is out I guess).

There will be aditional options for PostgreSQL rc script
  /etc/rc.d/rc.postgres {restart|force-restart|unclean-restart}
  /etc/rc.d/rc.postgres {stop|force-stop|unclean-stop}
which will cover all start/stop options for pg_ctl (smart, fast,
immediate)
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/app-pg-ctl.html

Best regards,
Adis