[Slackbuilds-users] nicotine-plus and psyco

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon May 4 03:33:30 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2 May 2009 11:40:37 +0300
Audrius Kažukauskas <audrius at neutrino.lt> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a couple of small observations:
>
> 1) full path to icon needs to be provided for nicotine-plus in its
> .desktop file, otherwise KDE4 won't find it;

This should not be necessary *if* the following criteria is met:
1. the icon should be in one of the standard directories
-- /usr/share/pixmaps, /usr/share/icons/$theme/
2. the icon is called like this in the .desktop file:
   Icon=iconname
3. the icon's full name is "iconname.png"

If one of these is messed up, please mail the maintainer and ask
him/her to fix it.

> 2) it would be more appropriate for psyco to use i486 as ARCH -- after
> all it's a C extension, not an ordinary Python code;

Agreed.   We've got quite a few of those wrong and are fixing them as
we come across them for other reasons.  Please mail the maintainer and
ask him/her to submit an update.

-RW