[Slackbuilds-users] [FYI]SlackBuild for python modules should be architecture dependent

xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org
Fri May 29 02:40:19 UTC 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009 21:15:55 Grissiom wrote:

> > IMHO, if a package uses */lib64 then it's an ARCH=x86_64 package.

This seems to be what Slackware does. I think the best thing to do
here is just to make sure we use ARCH=${ARCH:-noarch} and not hard
code it. That way if the package builder is building for x86_64
then they should be using ARCH=x86_64 ./some.SlackBuild and it will
have an x86_64 tag on the final package. So far all of the python
builds I have seen that use setup.py find the right python path
on their own, so the SlackBuild does not have to be changed in
any other way.

--dsomero