[Slackbuilds-users] ulogd database driver selection doesn't work

Ozan Türkyılmaz ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 16:02:25 UTC 2009

2009/11/23 Thomas Morper <thomas at beingboiled.info>:
> Am Montag, 23. November 2009 08:14:56 schrieb Robby Workman:
>
>> IOW, we just need to include both regardless, right?
>
> Not quite. It *is* possible to turn linking against MySQL or SQLite off,
> it's just that "--without-XXX" is not the right way to do it - the empty
> string is. It could be fixed, but on the other hand...
>
>> Assuming that's the case, I pushed a change (that will go out
>> in the next update) to use --with-sqlite3 --with-mysql always
>> and don't allow for building without them.
>
> ...that's fine. The SlackBuild will "just work" then and ulogd's output
> modules are user-configurable during runtime anyway. Problem solved.

Well, wording in the documentation implies that it will use if
--with-mysql used:
from doc/ulogd.txt
"If you want to build ulogd with MySQL support, type './configure
  --with-mysql'. You may also have to specify the path of the mysql
  libraries using '--with-mysql=path'. To build ulogd without MySQL
  support, just use './configure'."
i run configure without anything and did make, i did not compiled
mysql or sqlite modules.
i run configure --with-mysql and it try to compile mysql module.
(compile error, it seems it misconfigures itself.) --with-mysql=<mysql
installed in> is needed. which folder is implied is unknown to me. :(

--
Ozan
オザン

Close the world, txEn eht nepO