[Slackbuilds-users] twitter-cmdline (broken) dependencies

LukenShiro lukenshiro at ngi.it
Mon Sep 7 16:58:35 UTC 2009

lunedì 7 settembre 2009, Marco Bonetti ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> I've got some spare time to update my SlackBuilds, so I started with
>  the most... err... "useful" one:  twitter-cmdline :-)
> It works and I'm going to submit it soon, unfortunately some of it's
> dependencies no longer has a working download link: they're
>  libwww-perl and perl-html-parser. I've manually updated them to
>  their latest versions (libwww-perl-5.831 and perl-html-parser-3.62)
>  and they work ok, tested both on Slackware64-13.0.

I will submit an update as soon as possible, reasonably in a few days
(anyway I confirm I can not test any package on Slackware64 for a long
time, as I said in a previous mail).

Just a suggestion to SBo admins: as several packages' old versions are
systematically removed by "naive" upstream developers, too often causing
broken download link here, I would suggest to keep such slackbuilds'
source files somewhere on SBo, if possible, in order to have a second-
chance's download link address in critical cases: when a well-time
update by sbo maintainer is not always possible ...

--
GNU/Linux * Slackware 12.2
GNU/Linux * Gentoo amd64 testing