[Slackbuilds-users] mysql-workbench

Jeff Rossi rossi.jeff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 02:24:31 UTC 2009

Niels Horn wrote:
> 2009/9/22 Antonio Hernández Blas <hba.nihilismus at gmail.com>:
>
>>> has anyone, or could someone made a build script for mysql-workbench?
>>>

>> I did one, you can find it here:
>> http://hba.ath.cx/projects/slackbuilds/testing/mysql-workbench-oss-5.1.18/
>>
>> But as Niels Horn has mentioned, "it has too many dependencies... "
>> from gnome, so i installed first gnome from http://gnomeslackbuild.org
>> in slackware-13.0, then lua from SBo's repository and finally i
>> builded mysql-workbench using my SlackBuild. But seriously... gnome
>> still sucks for me. I'm gonna reinstall slackware and then try to get
>> mysql-workbench but without all the gnome thing.
>>
>> -hba
>>

> I am an old-fashioned command-line guy, so I do everything in mySql
> from a terminal window. But if you want a non-intrusive, more gui-like
> interface, without installing any dependencies, take a look at
> phpmyadmin, a web-based interface to mySql.
> It works very well and there is a SlackBuild on SlackBuilds.org
>
> Niels

I use phpMyAdmin. The original problem was that someone gave me a
workbench data file and I needed to get the sql out of it. I ended up
installing workbench on a widows machine, then dumping the database,
which was actually kind of broken and I had to fix the sql in a text editor.

Thank You everyone who offered assistance.

--
Regards,

Jeff Rossi

Data Driven Design