[Slackbuilds-users] kvm

Antonio Hernández Blas hba.nihilismus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 23:35:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 5:33 AM, Ash Wiren <ash at spooksoftware.com> wrote:
> This is not the latest version of kvm, but its more recent than
> 12.2's, we don't have a 13.0 build and no one has heard from the
> maintainer in a while.

It´s the *stable* release of kvm, because in 12.2´s tree there was the
development release (kvm-NN). I´ve been working with the development
release without any issue until now
(http://hba.ath.cx/projects/slackbuilds/testing/kvm-88) but never
tested it in an x86_64 system.

BTW, it seems to me that there´s a bug in your SlackBuild, in kvm.info
you have this:

DOWNLOAD="http://sourceforge.net/projects/kvm/files/qemu-kvm/0.10.6/qemu-kvm-0.10.6.tar.gz/download"

But in kvm.SlackBuild you have:

PRGNAM=kvm
VERSION=${VERSION:-0.10.6}
tar xvf $CWD/$PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz
cd qemu-$PRGNAM-$VERSION

Notice that inside your SlackBuild, $PRGNAM-$VERSION will be
'kvm-0.10.6.tar.gz',but this value does not correspond with the name
of the file you´ve downloaded, 'qemu-kvm-0.10.6.tar.gz'.

Anyway, pardon me if i´m wrong... i´m in windows so i´ve not tested
your SlackBuild ;-)

-hba