[Slackbuilds-users] Semi-OT: (f)ailing Slackware mirrors

Matthew Fillpot mfilpot at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 14:49:08 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér
<mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk> wrote:
> Just writing this because there are a lot of American Slackers here. Is
> it just me, or do the US Slackware mirrors seem to be failing badly?
> A lot of the mirrors on the Get Slack page get 404s.
>
> Yours,
> __
> Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér
> http://syntaktisk.dk * mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk

I was getting the same issue when grabbing the updates yesterday from
tds.net via the mirror-slackware-current script.  For some reason
slackpkg ran correctly, after running slackpkg to grab the updates the
mirror script was able to successfully connect.

This may be due to an unusually high activity level or there could be
something deeper going on in the servers.

--
-Thank You,
-Matthew Fillpot