[Slackbuilds-users] new pdksh package and slackbuild

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at sns.it
Fri Apr 2 05:23:52 UTC 2010

On 02/04/2010 02:46, Niels Horn wrote:
> I have had some SlackBuilds in the past based on CVS or SVN snapshots
> and always used "cvs_yyyymmdd" or "svn_yyyymmdd" as the version
> number, so that it's clear from when the snapshot is.
> To guarantee that your SlackBuild works with the snapshot, you will
> have to have it hosted somewhere, since the cvs/svn repository might
> change daily.
> I hosted it on my own server as a tarball.

not really sure if seen as safe, but for some of my own slackbuilds I
checkout a specific svn revision in the slackbuild, using no tarball: in
kvirc slackbuild instead of uncompressing the sources I got

svn co --non-interactive --trust-server-cert -r $VERSION
https://svn.kvirc.de/svn/trunk/kvirc

where VERSION=${VERSION:-4228}

then I makepkg adding r to VERSION/revision

/sbin/makepkg -l y -c n
$OUTPUT/$PRGNAM-r$VERSION-$ARCH-$BUILD$TAG.${PKGTYPE:-tgz}

for git I use as version the short commit id, 7 alphanumeric chars,
using that when I checkout the sources.

but on others I used a previously checked out tarball like Niels hosted
somewhere (snapshots are not always available) adding correct
informations to the .info file (in the previous case I left DOWLOAD and
MD5 variables blank).

having some standard on those cases would be great :D

Matteo