[Slackbuilds-users] Kismet update

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Fri Apr 30 20:41:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm going to submit updated Kismet SlackBuild (thanks goes to Antonio
Hernández Blas for updating it), but before that I want to ask
something.  Kismet developers strongly encourage to use 'make
suidinstall' for new version which makes it work only for the members of
'kismet' group.  I've tested that during installation this group is
created automatically, but I wanted to ask if it would be a better idea
to add it to <http://slackbuilds.org/uid_gid.txt> file and require it
before starting the build process as I've seen in other scripts that use
UIDs and GIDs from SBo list?  If so, should I take the next unused GID
from the list and add the code to check for the group or should I leave
it for SBo admins to do?

--
Audrius Kažukauskas