[Slackbuilds-users] Missing dependencies

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Thu Jul 1 05:08:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:12:25 +0200
Mauro Giachero <mauro.giachero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
> looks like some of the packages available in the 13.1 repository miss
> some required (as per their READMEs) dependencies:
>   allmydata-tahoe
>     requires Nevow
>   cdemu-daemon
>     requires vhba-module
>   opensc-ceres.sqf
>     requires pcsc-tools
>   opensc-dnie.sqf
>     requires pcsc-tools
>   supertuxkart-extra-karts.sqf
>     requires supertuxkart
>   supertuxkart-extra-tracks.sqf
>     requires supertuxkart
>   tucan.sqf
>     requires tesseract
> All the missing dependencies are available in the 13.0 repository,
> and if I'm not mistaken none of them are part of Slackware 13.1.
> AFAIU people shouldn't be asked to pick scripts from repositories for
> older Slackware releases.
> Is this situation known to the admins/maintainers? Are the missing
> apps looking for a new maintainer? Maybe these apps were forgotten in
> the 13.0 -> 13.1 migration? (in the latter case, also note that
> libpri -- an asterisk optional dependency -- is available for 13.0
> but missing for 13.1). --

Oops; oversights by us :-)

I've got vhba-module, pcsc-tools, and tesseract in my git branch
now, and supertuxkart went into the last public update, so other
than Nevow (allmydata-tahoe), all of these should be good now.

We'll wait on Marco for Nevow  :-)

Thanks for the heads-up, and by the way, your queue file repo
is awesome!

-RW