[Slackbuilds-users] gvfs / WebDAV question

Luis Henrique lmello.009 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 19:16:33 UTC 2010

On 07/01/2010 03:48 AM, Chris Abela wrote:
> Hi Luis Henrique,
>
> I built and installed gvfs and gigolo with your SlackBuilds and the
> following are my results:
>
> 1. Gigolo does not have enough documentation to guide users to mount davfs
> accounts onto their file systems.
>
> 2. Webdav is not in the list of supported protocols that Gigolo lists.
>
> 3. Gigolo does not present its users with any Graphical method with which to
> mount webdav accounts. I was left clueless as well.
>
> 4. When I mount my webdav account with davfs2, a new icon showing my account
> popped up on Gigolo.
>
> 5. Subsequently, I successfully browsed my account's content and umounted it
> via Gigolo.
>
> I conclude that Gigolo is not well endowed as I would have expected and in
> fact it lacks some essential tools for the webdav job. On the other hand it
> found gvfs as some webdav capability were noted.
>
> Chris

Thank you very much, Chris.

Unfortunately, Gigolo is short on documentation, specially about how to
deal with its supported protocols... there's a screenshot in the home
page where the user sets a bookmark on a WebDAV account:
http://goodies.xfce.org/_media/projects/applications/gigolo_bookmarks.png
Maybe it can still be created using 'Custom Location' as your 'Service
Type'...

I'll have the 'full' script ready soon.