[Slackbuilds-users] gvfs / WebDAV question

Max Miorim miorimmax at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 07:25:51 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 3:16 AM, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:43:23 -0300
> Luis Henrique <lmello.009 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/01/2010 01:25 AM, Robby Workman wrote:

>> > By the way, if anyone has run across anything that wants udisks
>> > and/or upower or any of the new stuff for volume and power
>> > management tasks, I've done some preliminary (that means it's
>> > pretty much untested with stuff that can use it) work on that:
>> >
>> >    http://connie.slackware.com/~rworkman/halectomy/
>> >
>> > Feedback is welcome.
>> >

>> Thanks for the info, robby.
>>
>> So, is gvfs will be needed by xfce 4.8.x? This either means:
>> - Thunar will have URI support through gvfs
>> - Gigolo will be incorporated to the default xfce installation
>>
>> That's nice, I guess. ;)
>

> Thunar in 4.8.x will have URI support via gvfs.
> Jannis (Thunar dev) is supposedly having some company sponsor
> him (sponsor=pay) to port thunar-volman to use glib gio, and
> once that's done, everything should be in place, I think.
>
> -RW

Those are good news, I was under the impression that they did drop it
(gvfs/gio) because the newer versions tend to use DeviceKit instead of
HAL for volume management, which would require "some" work on
thunar-volman. :)

On topic: I believe the folts at slacky.eu have packages for both
gigolo and gvfs, I'd look at their SlackBuilds and slack-required,
maybe they have had this issue already and found a way to fix it.

-- Max