[Slackbuilds-users] make -j -l

Greg' Ar Tourter artourter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 13:27:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

The problem with setting the -j for slackbuiilds is that some source
will not compile in parallel and not every slackbuild maintainer can
test parallel builds for their packages.

The current system where "it should work with -j 1" is probably the safest.

otherwise the slackbuilds template should be changed to what some have
already which is something along the lines of:

make $MAKEFLAGS || make || exit 1

otherwise we run into the situation where we will get a whole lot of
complains about packages not building properly because the -j n option
was used on a source that does not support it.

Just my 2p worth

Cheers

ArTourter