[Slackbuilds-users] Some necessary changes to build a newer version of gpsd

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Tue Jun 22 14:52:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 08:39:42 +0100, David Spencer wrote:
> Hi Niels, Max and everybody else,
>
> Thanks for the two bug fixes, I'll incorporate them when I upversion gpsd.
>
> By the way, that needs new versions of the two SBo packages that use
> gpsd (kismet and viking).  I know Audrius Kazukauskas was already
> preparing a new version of Kismet before the changeover to Slackware
> 13.1, so I'll ask Pierre Cazenave if he's ready to push a new version
> of Viking.

I've just submitted kismet script after some adjustments for x86_64, so
if everything's OK, it should be accepted soon.  I'm aware that kismet
is able to use gpsd, but I have no hardware to test it.  If it doesn't
require any other steps than simply installing gpsd together with
kismet, I think it would be a good idea to mention gpsd as an option in
kismet's README file.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas