[Slackbuilds-users] Libwps for Works documents

Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk
Fri Mar 12 16:35:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:23:41 +0100
Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut at liwjatan.at> wrote:

> there's some facts missing here about what you want to do and what
> the error is *exactly*. Are you using openoffice.org or
> go_openoffice? When is libwps not picked up, runtime or by configure?
> What do you want to rebuild?

Sorry to be unspecific.
I am using
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.0/office/openoffice.org/ which I
built when it came out.
Now, I find myself in need of opening Works files, and my installed OOo
will not. Therefore, I installed Libwps. I then checked to see if my
installed OOo could access the import filter, but it does not pick it
up. My next thought is that it might pick it up if I rebuild the OOo
Slackbuild, but if it merely rebuilds prepackaged RPMs, it might not
include anything.
I just wanted to ask if anyone had experience with this before I
started downloading and rebuilding.

Yours,
Morten

__