[Slackbuilds-users] Libwps for Works documents

Pierre Cazenave pwcazenave at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 16:45:32 UTC 2010

On 12/03/2010 16:35, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:23:41 +0100 Heinz
> Wiesinger<pprkut at liwjatan.at>  wrote:
>
>> there's some facts missing here about what you want to do and what
>> the error is *exactly*. Are you using openoffice.org or
>> go_openoffice? When is libwps not picked up, runtime or by
>> configure? What do you want to rebuild?
>
> Sorry to be unspecific. I am using
> http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.0/office/openoffice.org/ which
> I built when it came out. Now, I find myself in need of opening Works
> files, and my installed OOo will not. Therefore, I installed Libwps.
> I then checked to see if my installed OOo could access the import
> filter, but it does not pick it up. My next thought is that it might
> pick it up if I rebuild the OOo Slackbuild, but if it merely rebuilds
> prepackaged RPMs, it might not include anything. I just wanted to ask
> if anyone had experience with this before I started downloading and
> rebuilding.
>
> Yours, Morten
>

> __ Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér http://syntaktisk.dk *
> mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk

The go_openoffice build at SlackBuilds will natively open Works files,
it seems (http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.0/office/go_openoffice/):

"Go-oo has built in OpenXML import filters and it will import your
Microsoft Works files"

However, it'll take hours to compile and requires many gigabytes of disk
space.

The precompiled binary repackaging in the "standard" openoffice
SlackBuild won't pick up the new libraries, unless I'm mistaken.

Pierre