[Slackbuilds-users] ghc again

Mikko Varri vmj at linuxbox.fi
Sun May 16 15:30:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:05:19PM +0200, Eugen Wissner wrote:

> There's new version of ghc (6.12.2) and it doesn't provide utf8-string
> again. An old utf8-string slackbuild is removed. I can't build
> xmonad-contrib. Who can help to solve the problem?

Hi Eugen,

I'm maintaining the GHC SlackBuild, and I am not going to update it
for Slackware 13.0 anymore.  Next update is coming for Slackware 13.1.
There's couple of reasons:

First, GHC 6.12.2 is known to be more buggy than GHC 6.12.1 (see [1]).

Second, I'm in the process of updating the whole Haskell stack for
Slackware 13.1.

But you can probably take some other haskell slackbuild and modify it
for utf8-string?

-vmj

[1] http://old.nabble.com/HEADS-UP:-bugs-in-GHC-6.12.2-td28533387.html