[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20100517

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Mon May 17 10:12:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> Mon May 17 04:45:59 UTC 2010
> Well folks, this is likely to be the last update for our 13.0 repository,
>  assuming nothing important comes up.  We'll be trying to get everything
>  in order for 13.1 now, so stay tuned for more information!  As always,
>  thanks to all of our maintainers and users for everything you do.

This is the first time I will experience a Slackware version change as
a maintainer of some SlackBuilds, so I have a practical question about
how things will work...

Will the 13.0 repository still be updated?

I maintain a few scripts for programs that are typically installed on
servers, which might take a bit longer to be upgraded to 13.1
If upstream releases a security patch that needs an update to the
SlackBuild (or even just the .info or README file), will an update to
the 13.0 SlackBuild be accepted by the admins of SlackBuilds.org?
I guess this should be limited to security updates only, with rare
exceptions (following what Pat V. does with previous Slackware
versions).

Niels Horn