[Slackbuilds-users] perl-html-parser in 13.1 repo

LukenShiro lukenshiro at ngi.it
Thu May 27 12:44:26 UTC 2010

Il giorno Thu, 27 May 2010 12:21:34 +0100
"Greg' Ar Tourter" <artourter at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> just a heads up if it hasn't been caught yet, the source URL for
> perl-html-parser is not valid any more. Upstream seems to have removed
> the old source and only provide the latest version 3.65 which can be
> found at
> http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/G/GA/GAAS/HTML-Parser-3.65.tar.gz
> with the md5sum being
> cbc220e201b427bfcf231d95bee3c7ca

Thank you, this problem is known to me, unfortunately it seems to
be a nasty cycling attitude for some upstream developers :-//

3.65 should be built without modification, as well. Anyway I was
waiting for a green light from SBo admins, in order to upgrade scripts
for 13.1. Personally I would intend to wait for official submissions'
reopening before causing too much hassle and pressure to admins.

As I see some maintainers already sending some corrections via ML, I
would like to know if we (as maintainers) are supposed to send _now_
modifications, corrections or upgrades, instead.

OTOH, admins,
 how viable could be a global modification to .info files in order to
 add an (optional for maintainers) fallback alternative way for a source
 file's download link, if main link somehow gets failed?

e.g.:

DOWNLOAD="...."
MD5SUM="...."
DOWNLOAD_ALT="...."
#personal source repository or taken from other distro repository, just
in case

But I don't know how much work it needs to be implemented in support
programs such as sbopkg etc..

Best regards.

--
GNU/Linux * Slackware64 13.1