[Slackbuilds-users] possible bug in laptop_mode

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:06:06 UTC 2010

Hello all,

In the official page of laptop_mode, the dev suggested add
`/etc/rc.d/init.d/laptop-mode restart` in rc.local (
http://samwel.tk/laptop_mode/packages/slackware ). But the README in
SBo's laptop_mode said we should add `/etc/rc.d/rc.laptop-mode start`
in rc.local. i don't know which side is right...

The reason of laptop_mode's dev is "Slackware doesn't completely clear
/var/run on bootup". But after some investment in rc.S, we are
cleaning /var/run (line 328 of that file). So what does "completely"
there? Should we use "start" or "restart" in this case?

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Grissiom