[Slackbuilds-users] Problem with nvidia-driver/nvidia-kernel

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Apr 30 02:57:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:35:50 +0300
Ozan Türkyılmaz <ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/4/28 Sergio Dias <esenede at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think your problem is your are getting up the nouveau module,
> > that is a gnu driver for nvidia graphic cards. If you put it in the
> > /etc/modules.d/blacklist.conf and restart will use the nvidia module
> > instead.
> >

> extra/ has a package for blacklisting nouveau.

Editing blacklist.conf is a road filled with pain.  Don't edit the
files shipped with Slackware unless there's no good alternative;
that makes upgrades and such *much* easier.  That being said, I
*think* the binary driver from nvidia installs a blacklist file
for you, and if so, then our build script needs to do so as well.
However, we do *not* need to use the same filename as the one that
ships in /extra.

-RW