[Slackbuilds-users] realtime capabilities for jack and its apps

korgman korgie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 21:17:11 UTC 2011

On 22/08/2011 04:35 πμ, B Watson wrote:
> Yeah. I'm hoping to hear from other people (so far it's mostly been
> me ranting&  raving, it'd be much better to have lots of opinions&
> a discussion).

I will test your proposition, but I am sometimes slow to evaluate.

In my experience pianoteq (closed source) benefits from RT kernel and capabilities (I will re-test to be exact) and I have experienced very high latency with MIDI and PD (maybe the absence of RT).

Some distribution go the extreme without RT :)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RealTime#Natty%20Benchmarks

 From my side: I need testing to evaluate. Of course I don't have problem to add the extra capabilities.

Just for your information. I have old machine (Pentium-m 1.5Ghz). Fluidsynth (qsynth), aeolus, gigasampler or jack-rack and I don't have audio drop-outs in mine configuration.

I din't knew about StudioWare, I also trying to convert Slackware to audio machine.
13.0
http://clavisound.dyndns-server.com/tgz/13.0/index.php

13.1
http://clavisound.dyndns-server.com/tgz/13.1/index.php

I believe the best is to join the forces for packages (I din't saw frescobaldi, or pd in studioware and can't test 64bit for example), documentation, building, testing, e.t.c.
--
Michales Michaloudes