[Slackbuilds-users] PyPy SlackBuild

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Sat Aug 27 16:35:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

At the beginning of this year I submitted PyPy <http://pypy.org/>
(version 1.4.1) build script to SBo, but it was rejected due to build
issues.  I decided to wait until the next version (1.5), which
eventually was released, but now I couldn't build it myself.  After
reporting the problem to developers, it got fixed in recently released
version 1.6.  PyPy builds fine now for me (both 32- and 64-bit
versions).

It's just that I'm not sure if I want to submit the build script again.
The reason is this: PyPy takes a lot of time and memory to build.  And I
don't want to create more work for SBo admins, who are already busy with
never-ending queue of new submissions.  So I'm just going to leave a
link to PyPy SlackBuild for those interested:

  https://bitbucket.org/audriusk/slackbuilds/src/83b994606664/python/pypy/

And if you don't want to spend few hours building it (or don't have
enough RAM), but still want to try it out, here are Slackware packages I
made:

  https://bitbucket.org/audriusk/slackbuilds/downloads/pypy-1.6-i486-2ak.txz
  https://bitbucket.org/audriusk/slackbuilds/downloads/pypy-1.6-x86_64-2ak.txz

Of course, you have to trust me to use them. ;-)

A note about 32-bit package: for some reason it haven't got linked
against libffi (probably environment issues, as I built it in 32-bit LXC
container on 64-bit host), but it still should be usable, as libffi is
only used for C extensions AFAIK (and compiling those is still
considered experimental).

--
Audrius Kažukauskas