[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia-kernel

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 21:35:30 UTC 2011

Hmmm.  From your and Robby's email to this list, my interpretation was that
anything in /etc/X11/ will override /usr/share/X11, but maybe I understood
that wrong?  Or is it just that /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d overrides
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d?  What I observe is that anything in
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d has priority.

There seems to be conflicting information after googling about this.  The
X.org docs seem to imply that /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d is searched LAST so
that word give it priority? Others say that /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d is
search first and so has lower priority?  Acccording to
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2010-April/006852.html

In addition to the conf files found in /etc/X11 or $sysconfdir/X11 used
for local administration, we also reserve a system directory for vendor
and package usage. The simple search path is:

    /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d
    $datadir/X11/xorg.conf.d

Files from these directories will have the lowest config priority.

So you can understand my confusion.

BTW, emmel, check the driver readme for a bunch of coolbits settings,
depending on the card.  The fan one is nice as I can drop the decibels
unless I am playing a game.

-Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0