[Slackbuilds-users] Why Might a SBo Application Look in /usr/local?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 29 23:28:05 UTC 2011

   I've been running R-2.13.0 and decided to upgrade to -2.13.1. I downloaded
the new scripts and source, built and upgraded the package. When I try to
invoke it I see:

[rshepard at salmo ~]$ R
-bash: /usr/local/bin/R: No such file or directory

   I've no idea where to look to see where the shell is getting the wrong
location. I've been using the SlackBuild packages for several versions now
and haven't before come across this issue.

   Any ideas?

Rich