[Slackbuilds-users] xtrkcad

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:09:22 UTC 2011

On 30 August 2011 16:59, Roland Waggoner <roland.waggoner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Slackware13.37. The installation of xtrkcad fails with the
> message
> -- checking for module 'libgtkhtml-2.0'
> --   package 'libgtkhtml-2.0' not found.

Hi Roland,

As you have found, xtrkcad was removed from SBo because an important
dependency (libgtkhtml) became obsolete and was removed from Slackware
a long time ago [*].  However, I kept a copy of the xtrkcad
SlackBuild, and also I modified Pat's libgtkhtml SlackBuild to conform
to SBo standards.  You can get them from my Github repo:

libgtkhtml:

https://raw.github.com/idlemoor/SBo-fork/fork/Unmaintained/libgtkhtml/README
https://raw.github.com/idlemoor/SBo-fork/fork/Unmaintained/libgtkhtml/libgtkhtml.SlackBuild
https://raw.github.com/idlemoor/SBo-fork/fork/Unmaintained/libgtkhtml/libgtkhtml.info
https://raw.github.com/idlemoor/SBo-fork/fork/Unmaintained/libgtkhtml/slack-desc

xtrkcad:

https://raw.github.com/idlemoor/SBo-fork/fork/Unmaintained/xtrkcad/README
https://raw.github.com/idlemoor/SBo-fork/fork/Unmaintained/xtrkcad/slack-desc
https://raw.github.com/idlemoor/SBo-fork/fork/Unmaintained/xtrkcad/xtrkcad.SlackBuild
https://raw.github.com/idlemoor/SBo-fork/fork/Unmaintained/xtrkcad/xtrkcad.info

I hope they work for you.  It's a big surprise that someone cares
about xtrkcad -- maybe I should submit an update for jmri too...

Regards
-D.

[*] There was some discussion, a long time ago, about rewriting
xtrkcad to use something else (gtkhtml3 or webkit) but apparently that
still hasn't happened.