[Slackbuilds-users] Pcmanfm issue... Policykit?

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:55:18 UTC 2011

On 07/02/2011 14:32, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér wrote:
> Dear gang,
>
> I just did a fresh Slackware installation; I only installed Fluxbox,
> because it was intended to be a platform for building Xfce 4.8.
> However, I rediscovered my appreciation of Fluxbox... so that is where
> I will be for a while.
> Now, I have come to appreciate having a file manager. As the
> dependencies are limited, I built PcmanFM. However, when I insert a USB
> stick, nothing happens, though PcmanFM is set in Preferences to acces
> such a device. It was commented on Identi.ca that it was likely to be a
> rights/PolicyKit issue.
> Any pointers?

I think for automounting you need to rebuild libfm/pcmanfm over
gnome-vfs (and deps gnome-mime-data, ORBit2, GConf, libbonobo,
gnome-vfs) too if you are on stable.

If you are on current you can build it over udisks+upower (and deps:
libatasmart, sg3_utils, udisks, upower): have a look at these
slackbuilds for that

https://github.com/Ponce/slackbuilds/tree/8a78389aadc14ae8525fdc591558aa6b6245e613/libraries/libfm-new
https://github.com/Ponce/slackbuilds/tree/8a78389aadc14ae8525fdc591558aa6b6245e613/system/pcmanfm-new

Matteo