[Slackbuilds-users] SMPlayer desktop file

andrew andrew at andrews-corner.org
Sat Jul 16 22:41:19 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 11:58:04PM +0200, Niklas "Nille" Åkerström wrote:

>     %U should be URL and %f should be file itself
>

> This link will explain it fast and easy
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html#
> exec-variables
>
> %U List of URL
> %f Single file

I am a little surprised that debate still moves on concerning the
small change I have suggested quite some time ago :). It is interesting
to understand the semantics of the syntax but a better test is to use
the original syntax that ships with the SMPlayer desktop file and
observe that it completely fails to load files that have spaces in
their filenames. The change I have suggested rectifies this and this
change to the desktop files is also used in UMPlayer, the fork and
seeming successor to SMPlayer.

Andrew
--
You think that's air you're breathing now?